11 Oct 2015

My New Job At Indore

On In 10 Comments
As we all know, Madhya Pradesh is better known as the Heart of India. Recently I got a job in Indore and thereby got a chance to visit MP.

I started my journey on 29th of August from South Railway Station (In Ernakulam, Kerala) via Ahilyanagari Express. The train passed through five states: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and finally reached Indore (in Madhya Pradesh) on 31st August at the early morning. After completing the joining formalities, I got accommodation in a PG near to the office.

pohaIndore is the largest city of Madhya Pradesh. The city was formerly known as Ahilya Nagari or the City of Devi Ahilya Bai. Ahilya Bai Holkar (1725-1795) was the Queen of Malwa kingdom, who transformed Indore from a village to a beautiful city. 

Unlike Kerala, the bus services of Indore are very nice and comfortable. There is a counter in the bus stop itself where we can get tickets. Before every stop there is announcement about the stop's name.

The only problem I am facing here is food. Most of the people eat a sweet dish called as 'Poha' for breakfast. For lunch, they eat 'Thali', which is a combination of Chapati (Roti), Dal curry and Chawal. In Kerala, we had a wide variety of dishes for breakfast; and Chawal with different side dishes for lunch and dinner. When I learned that none of them are available here, I was little sad. But what to do! I need to adjust with the food.

Another problem I noticed was the waste disposal on the city roads. What happened to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by our PM Narendra Modi? No vehicle is coming to collect the garbage. Unfortunately it is on the way to my office. It is also a common sight to see Cattles (pigs, cows and dogs) wandering on the roads.
garbage on city roads
beautiful calf

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your new Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congratulations! Anjana for the job and yea the issues you discussed above is here in my state too.
    Hope you will soon find an alternative way in case of food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job!

    I like poha but then as a daily breakfast can be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new job and all the best wishes. "Bloom where you are planted".

    ReplyDelete